04 November 2012

Fall Back

I love the Fall Back. I love how it reinforces how artificial time is - that we can just shift it around to suit us best. I love the day after the change when I'm constantly thinking, "It's 4, but my body thinks it's 5." And I love that all my clocks right now say different times. Because i haven't gotten around to changing them yet and it doesn't even really matter.

And while we're on the topic of time, I feel like I completely missed fall this year. I come back from Florida and everything is already in colour. And now all the leaves are mostly gone. I only got out on one fall hike, and it was a little too late to get the full effect. I'll have to make a more concerted effort next year. I'll go to Cape Breton and drown in colour.


This downhill part is steeper than it looks.
Crowbar Lake trail
And this is neither here nor there, but I lost a tiny sewing needle in/on/around my couch this afternoon and now every time I sit down I brace myself for pain. It's going to be an unhappy day when I find that thing.


No comments: