24 December 2009

Having myself a merry little Christmas


Happy Birthday Jesus! And other Seasonal Sentiments. This is my first Christmas sans my family. Luckily I've got a roommate who was similarily abandoned by her family, so we'll be opening our massive pile of presents together tomorrow.  My mom sent me a huge box via Amazon, so I'm especially excited about that.

There are two of my Christmas decorations you can't see in the picure above that I want to share with you. The first is a horribly tacky decoration that I bought recently:


The picure isn't that great, but it's Santa riding a salmon, and the fish is wearing antlers. There are just so many things wrong with this idea, I don't know where to start. Maybe I should make a rule that all ornaments on my tree have to be illogical.

The second decoration is my Darwin doll. I've made him festive with a little hat.

I think I might start dressing him up for all the major holidays. Would that be sacrilegous?

I hope everyone has a great holiday!

No comments: