26 September 2009

Halifax Loves Nazi Zombies in the Arctic**

I got to see Dead Snow last week as part of the Atlantic Film Festival. Apparently this film has been getting pretty bad reviews and I DON'T KNOW WHY. I have never seen or heard an audience enjoy a movie as much as the audience did for last night's show. They were cheering the characters on and there was spontaneous clapping and the jokes got huge laughs. Now, I know, because it was a one-night-only thing that pretty much everyone there (and it was sold-out) wanted to be there. And it didn't start until after midnight, so most people like me were pretty loopy from sleep deprivation, which may have made it funnier. But still - it was great. Think a funnier, more brutal and more ruthless Shaun of the Dead.

I'm interested to see how it compares to Zombieland.

(**Okay, so it's not the Arctic, it's just Norway, but "Arctic" sounds better).

No comments: