07 July 2009

Lysis to kill

I've got more science humour for everyone today. First, another video recommendation from the student in our lab. This one doesn't have any pretty ocean pictures, but it makes up for that by being a rap about meiosis (it's pretty hilarious).



I could put up more. Who are these people who have all this time to make these videos? I mean, I'm really, really good at not doing work when I should be (e.g., this blog: 2006-present) but it never occured to me to make a video about bug-picking or mark-recapture equations. However, just hop on over to YouTube and enjoy videos about population growth equations and apoptosis (among other things).

I also stumbled upon some funny little one-liners, that were mostly about geologists (Annie, you've probably heard most of these, but I really liked the last one).

Love a Geologist and feel the earthquake
My rocks are gneiss, don't take 'em for granite
All my faults are normal
Geologists make the bedrock!
So many beds, so little time
Geology is a load of schist!
Subduction ALWAYS leads to orogeny
How many geologists does it take to change a lightbulb? One, but hundreds will apply.

And I've saved the best for last (This one will be making me laugh for days):
What's the difference between a paleontologist and a large pizza? A large pizza feeds a family of four.

No comments: