24 June 2009

Zombie Season

Vampires are so totally 2008, y'all. Zombies are the "it" monster now. Has anyone else noticed that? I mean, my current reading list and my to-read list both contain zombie books (World War Z, and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, respectively). Then today my mom sends me a link to a trailer for a new zombie movie. It's zombies in the arctic (not to be confused with vampires in the arctic; or, maybe they're just in an alpine system, but whatever). This clip is definitely NSFW, or small children, or people abhorrent of gore.



Oh, yes. It's not just Arctic zombies. No. It's arctic Nazi zombies. My mom thinks it looks awful. I think it looks awesome! She's more old-school when it comes to zombies, preferring the classic Romero versions to the modern remakes.

(Aside, I wonder how much CBAR funding we could get to do mark-recapture on artic zombies? Or SI? Or heavy metals? Oz, Justin, I feel a collaboration coming on...)

1 comment:

Justin said...

Hmmmm... I think I should put a proposal together- especially because arctic zombies are particularly vulnerable to global warming.

--Justin