13 May 2009

p>0.05, but still signifcant to me

Okay, so I've noticed another TV trend, in addition to the brain tumors. This one I've only seen on two shows this week, and, much like the tumor, I've seen it used on other shows in the past. In this trend, long-standing, previously platonic couples are getting it on in such a way that the sex doesn't actually happen, but the shippers still get to see their favourite characters finally cash in on all that sexual tension. I don't want to say which two shows I recently saw this on, because I don't want to ruin it for anyone. I will say that in one show, the twist blew my mind, and on the other show I thoroughly enjoyed how they did it.

(If you don't like Bones, or haven't seen the finale yet, don't read the following).

Speaking about thoroughly enjoying things, how much fun was the Bones finale? I love when shows take the characters we know and put them in a "what if" scenario. One of my favourite Buffy episodes (The Wish) did that brilliantly. I liked how Bones incorporated the gamut of assistants and gave them all different jobs in "The Lab." And Zack! With his pre-doctorate hair (and everyone's reaction to him touching the gun was priceless)! And Sweets' band! Such a great episode. Except for the end. Mulder said the same thing once on X Files (when he woke up after being abducted by aliens, then being returned and taken for dead, then being buried for 6 months, then unearthed and treated for an alien virus that was keeping him alive) but he was joking. Somehow, I don't think Booth is.

1 comment:

Deb said...

I am so sad that we're at season finale time! And, even more, I hate all the cliff hangers we've been left with...I don't want to wait 4-5 months to find out if he's kidding or not (although I agree with your prediction, maybe it'll turn out like the other show with the same plot line). Was that vague enough to not give anything away? :-)