10 May 2009

I give you back my voice

It's very good timing that the video for U2's Magnificent, featuring the line "I was born to sing for you," was released only a few days before Bono's 49th birthday. The countdown for 50 has begun on the fan sites. There's even a widget.

The video is nothing fantastic or imaginative. They seemed to have covered Fez in sheets as though they were leaving it for a long time and didn't want dust to get on it. It's reminiscent of the Beautiful Day video, even down to the Persian rugs. The boys (Edge excepted) are totally rocking the open shirts. Bono is looking especially delicious, even in his 49th year. The best part about the video, in fact my single reason for even writing about it, is the hilarious, gratuitous shot of Bono's ass at about 3:50 (I can't embed it, so see it here).

For those of you who aren't going to watch almost 4 minutes of the movie just to get to the good parts:

No comments: