05 February 2009

Misc.

At "work" I feel really old, because I'm probably 7-9 years older than most my students. On Wednesday, my sister-in-law (from now on known as S., because her title is too long to type out all the time) and I went to a book club meeting at a local library branch. With the exception of S., I was the youngest in the room by a good 15 years. Such a contrast. I really need to hang out with people my age more! The book club was actually kind of fun, they were all really nice and sweet and totally went off topic a lot. And, boy, did some of those older ladies really hate The Other Boelyn Girl. I was going to suggest American Psycho as the book for May, but I may rethink that now.

The other day my niece was spelling out her and her brother's name on the fridge with magnetic letters. She can identify the letters, she just doesn't know the order, so you tell her which is next and she puts it in place. At some point, the magnets got pushed around and the names read "Suphie" and "Jock" which I thought would make great bizzaro world names for them.

RicMoo, a friend of mine from high school, has some comics online that I only just discovered, but here is my favourite:

The rest are here at: 0x2121.com.

Also, the 60 year old woman with twins? Crazy! Can you collect the baby bonus and old age pension at the same time? And that other chick in the states who is apparently addicted to having babies? What is it about kids that make women insane? She has 14 kids and still lives with her parents?!

No comments: