25 February 2009

Buffy Dream

I had a dream last night that Buffy was coming back to TV! Except, the only way Sarah Michelle Gellar would agree to do it was if the show was renamed after her (as opposed to her character), so Joss Whedon renamed the show SMEAT, with the S for "Sarah", and the M & E from "Michelle" but I don't know where the AT came from. And they changed the theme music! It was slow and quiet, completely different from the real theme music. The whole show was really messed up, it was half live-action, half annimation, and Willow was back in a dorm and dating boys again. I'm glad it was only a dream.

And while I'm on the topic of the Whedonverse, I have to say that I'm torn over this new show Castle. I want to like it, because it stars Nathan Fillion, and he was awesome in Firefly and Dr. Horrible, and is just about the best thing to ever come out of Edmonton. But, sadly, the show (at least, in the commercials I've seen) looks a lot like Bones (which, ironically, also stars a member of the Whedonverse). And I already like Bones, so do I have room in my busy TV watching schedule for another comedic, character-driven procedural rife with sexual tension?

No comments: