30 January 2009

Where am I?

Email, received today, sent to me from Kimm: "Where are you? You haven't updated your blog in like 10 days... how am i supposed to procrastinate by reading your blog if you don't update it!"

Right. Like I'm going to feel sorry for all you employed people who are unable to procrastinate! Get back to work already! Be glad you have a job to procrastinate about doing!
I haven't had anything much to write about. Recently I went to the Fisherman's Market on the Bedford Highway to buy squid for a lab I'm teaching next week. I ordered 16 whole squid, and they were counted unceremoniously into a giant plastic bag. The person beside me at the counter thought I really liked squid. I had to correct her. I spared her my please-don't-eat-seafood lecture. Given where we were, I figured that as soon as I pulled out my soap box I'd be tarred and feathered. And after that it would only be a matter of time before pissed-off fishermen started throwing dead fish on my lawn, and leaving bags of flaming chum on the door step.

There you have it. Buying squid is probably the most interesting thing I've done in weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, maybe you don't feel sorry for the employed people not having another means of procrastination, but what about the unemployed who need a break from the bleakness of job hunting? We've got to stick together! ;-)