10 October 2008

I think Mulroney liked sweaters too

I got a link to this song a week ago, but didn't post it. I'm glad I held off, because now there's a video to go along with it. It's part of the Avaaz.org "Stop Harper - Save the Planet" campaign. It's a protest song by a handful of Canadian music artists. The video is not fantastic or anything, it's lacking the big group-sing quality of more famous protest song videos. The song, however, is awesome for 3 things.

1. The Barenaked Ladies-esque lyric: "We can change things for the better/not just dress it up with a sweater."

2. The not-at-all subtle bit they did at 2:38 a la Psycho (watch and see!)

3. Bagpipes! How Canadian to have bagpipes in a protest song!



Then, after watching that, I went to AnyonebutHarper.ca which has numerous videos about how Harper broke promise, etc. I'm only going to share this one, because the image of Harper with the kitten is too absurd not to share.


Stephen Harper: Wolf in Wool from AnyoneButHarper.ca on Vimeo.

No comments: