05 August 2008

Dream/Map

Time for me to share my dream from last night. It took place in my hometown, at my parent’s house. Their house is on a corner, and one of the roads is a gravel road. The road is named Brimley and when I was a kid, I thought it was a descriptive term, like “brimley” was another word for a bumpy, gravel road (and now that I think about it, Brimley would be a great bumbling-sidekick name). Still now, even though parts of Brimley are paved, it’s synonymous in my head with gravel. This road features heavily in my childhood memories. There’s a creek that runs underneath it, and through our property, and we had a fort by the creek on the other side of the road. Also, my best friend lived down Brimley road, and we spent a lot of time biking on that road, and exploring the fields and woods around it.

Anyway, in the dream, the creek that runs through the property had flooded, and there was enough water that people could boat down the road. I was on such a boat – it was big, flat-bottomed, and I think had gun turrets. It was daytime, and the water was so clear I could see down through to the road and the grass on the shoulder. I could see minnows everywhere and there was someone watching over my shoulder telling me what they were, and I was getting really annoyed because I already knew what they were. Then it was dark, and we were hunting for some kind of water creature that had been terrorizing the area. Every so often I would see a dark form dart through the water. I think the hunt became too intense for me, or maybe the boat was attacked, because I jumped ship and ran home. The road was bone dry, despite the flooding, which was convenient, and as I ran home, the theme music from the Bourne movies was playing in my head.

Now that I think about it, not a very eventful dream. Oh well. It gives me an opportunity to share this map that Kimmy made for me a long time ago (click for a slightly larger version).


She sent it to me after I sent her my first (and last) attempt at using ArcGIS.

No comments: