08 July 2008

Even cuter?

Okay, I hate that suddenly I'm a girl who only blogs about cute things. But Anne Veggie sent me some pictures of panda bears (the Classic variety) in response to my red panda obsession, and they're pretty damn cute. But almost too cute, you know?

Th pictures Annie sent were - I think - about the Giant Panda conservation centre that is trying to save the species. So apparently, there was an earthquake and the pandas were all afraid and the workers at the center rescued them and fed them:

I'd like to commend them on their very high worker-to-panda ratio. After they were rescued, the pandas were all happy and playful:


They love to frolic! Extinction be damned! But then, and this is where the narrative of the photos fell apart for me, because suddenly it seemed as if the pandas all gave birth at the same time, and suddenly there was like a baby panda infestation:

Maybe they aren't all babies, but I'd say they're young'uns at the very least. Look at them all! I think the myth of the endangered Giant Panda has finally been put to rest, don't you?

Then the really cute pictures started:



That last one is a fake, right? That's some kid in a panda suit or something, because that "I didn't touch the bamboo" pose is unreal. But, really, where did all those baby pandas come from? Are pandas born in litters? It just seems like a lot. So many, in fact, that every worker at the center gets two to take home and start their own breeding program:


Although, I'm still not sure Classic Panda beats Red Panda, because the Red Panda are still ubercute as adults, whereas Giant Panda adults are merely normal cute. In the spirit of democracy, I'm gonna post a poll and we can settle this once and for all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute...all of them...the bengal tigers, the abandoned pug, and the kid in the panda suit. BUT, red pandas definitely still win in my mind. And one day I'll figure out how to have one as a pet. (Legally, of course...) ;-)