13 June 2008

This whole eternal-daylight thing Edmonton has going on is really messing up my sleep patterns. I didn't notice the long days last summer because I was in a cool, dark basement apartment. And when I was in the field I was too exhausted to care. Now, though, now it's annoying. I love that it's still light after 10pm, but seeing that my bedtime is 9 (laugh all you want), it's like trying to fall asleep in broad daylight.

Speaking of daylight, I was searching for a journal article the other day, and one of the results was a paper called, "Death in the ICU: The Halifax Experience." And my first thought was that the corresponding paper for Edmonton would be "Violent Death on Busy Streets in Broad Daylight : The Edmonton Experience."

For the last couple of days they've been calling for thunder storms, but so far we've been thunder-less. The risk of thunder storms made me think about the rain at my cabin last week. So, I thought I'd share two videos from my cabin. Both were taken from the screened-in porch, the first during a rain shower in the day, and the second is just a video I took one night because I wanted to record all the sounds.

No comments: