22 April 2008

Mother Nature Hates Alberta

And, really, can you blame her?

I know that it's not uncommon for Edmonton to get snow in the spring. But that kind of snow is usually a small flurry followed by highs above 0 and sun. With those "snows" you laugh and marvel at how it's April and there was 5 minutes of snow. But this is no spring snow fall. This is a 3-day long, non-stop, windy-ass snow dump. This is absurd and unfair. This is some kind of sign from On High that the province should be evacuated and left to its own devices. Nature clearly wants us out of here and I for one don't want to be around when she really gets mad.

At the moment I'm back at my ex-apartment (I moved a few days ago) waiting for the Shaw technician to show up. S/he has 23 minutes left in the 4-hour window in which they were supposed to have arrived. They're picking up the cable phone thing, I don't know what it is exactly. Anyway, so I've spent the afternoon on the floor of my ex-apartment. And, since I don't live here anymore, there's nothing to sit on, or to lay over me to keep me warm (it's -18 outside, and about 6 in here). So, my ass is asleep and I'm very, very cold. And I have this strong, suspicious feeling that the Shaw Tech is not even going to show up. And when that happens I will have to cry.

This is the only thing keeping me going at the moment:



The hand-clapping kills me.

No comments: