05 March 2008

TV, I Love You; or, Have You Met the Smoggies?

Big shout-out to Kimm-my (soon to be nee) Johns for sending me a link to C.O.P.S. Which gave me this huge WOW moment and sent my mind back to High School and our not-to-be-forgotten TV List. Then when the C.O.P.S. clip ended and I saw a link to this:



I was sent back to elementary school and saturday mornings spent watching TV and fighting my brother over who got to sit on the heating vent (my house was always cold).

Then when that clip ended, and more came up, I felt this huge wave of nostalgia that made me yearn for those saturdays and and also - oddly- made me crave orange juice. Nostalgia is like a drug, people. It's dangerous.

So, as a service to my friends, I'm going to post a few great clips here (there are so many more on YouTube). Maybe this is the drug that will help us get over the election results (or whatever is happening in other places that we want reprieve from).











I could go on, but I probably shouldn't. If you really want to blow your mind, check out:

1. 30 Minutes of 80s Cartoon Openings (He-Man! She-Ra! Bravestar?! Transformers!)

2. 30 Minutes of 90s Cartoon Openings (Tiny Toons! And I don't know what else 'cause my computer crashed!)

No comments: