20 February 2008

Dire Portents

On the walk home last night I saw 5 (!) bunnies. I was so happy, because that really boded well for my evening. However, when I got home nothing good happened:

1. I realized that my fridge and freezer had decided to not work anymore, so I had to call my landlord.

2. Then I had to clean my apartment because the landlord said he'd come over and I don't like people to see how messy I really am.

3. Then, my second favourite character on my new favourite show died! And it wasn't even a shocking, on-screen death, it was a quiet off-screen death. I didn't even get to say goodbye. (On the hilarious side, however, is his character bio on the official site, written in this oddly chipper past tense).

So, anyway, back to the bunnies. I'm starting to worry that they have somehow lost their magic. I'm not sure how this could have happened. Maybe there's a Bunny Eden somewhere and some dumb bunny ate the Forbidden Weed or something and they've all been cast out of the magical kingdom and can now only exist as regular Lagomorphs. I don't think I want to live in a world where bunny magic isn't real.

No comments: