12 December 2007

U23D

Getting that widget to post was a bitch, but I had to do it. How can I not promote a U2 movie? This is, I should point out, only the 2nd U2 movie to be released in theatres. It's a big deal. And it's in 3-friggen-D. How awesome will that be? I can't even begin to describe how much I'm looking forward to this. Imagine a chocolate-and-candy-cane fed 8-year-old at 10:30pm Christmas Eve. I think that begins to approximate my excitement. U2! 3D! I'll be able to reach out and pretend I'm touching the giant, 52-foot head of Bono. According to the website this is some fancy, newfangled way to make 3D. Damn, this better play in Edmonton.

Okay, so I should admit that I've watched the clip in the widget like, 15 times. I know it's only a stupid widget but somehow it manages to capture the sound of U2 live. There's something about their music in concert, it sends chills down my back. It has something to do with being in the same room with them, about being there as they make the sounds. I sometimes think that U2 concerts are as close as I will ever come to a religious experience. Damn. I really have to see this movie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy posting, batman. I've been stalking your blog page and nothing
came up for the longest time and then I take a look and there are two
posts. Awesome. Glad you had such a good experience with that tat. Any
plans on following up with another one? I'm curious to see how the
finished Joshua tree looked. The U23D sound interesting. Glad you're
looking forward to it. Is that something they'd play at the IMAX in
WEM? Supposedly they have one. Anyway, hope you're back. I'm guessing
you are. We'll have to do something soon. Intersted in the BGSA
semi-formal on the 15th? I'm going and Cricket seems intersted.
Haven't mentioned it to Oz yet.

Anonymous said...

okay 2 days before it opens in select cities...and edmonton is not on the list. bc, manitoba, ontario, quebec and nova scotia have cities opening the film. u think alberta would have either edm or calgary.

Ellie Fish said...

I know! I was so disappointed when I read the list of cities it was showing it, and Alberta wasn't on the list. If this was an actual tour I wouldn't hesitate to fly somewhere to see them. However, I can't really justify flying to Ontario to see a movie, can I?