14 May 2007

Joel Plaskett is Awesome

Somehow I managed to go and get myself sick. It happened last Thursday. I woke up and made it to my 7am yoga class on time (no small victory, let me tell you), and I felt fine and normal. By lunch I had that getting-sick taste in the back of my throat and by the time I left school I was very obviously sick. By Friday my raw, angry throat had become the bane of my existence. I went out on Saturday night to a Joel Plaskett concert and paid for it on Sunday when I had almost no voice. I think I’m getting better now, but my throat still hates me and, oddly, my ears and eyes are sore.

Enough of my medical drama. Let me tell you about how awesome Joel Plaskett is: he’s very, very awesome. I didn’t care much for the venue: it was insanely crowded and I don’t like crowds (read: people); it was excessively loud, to the point where even JP made a comment about it. But the show itself was great. They played all the songs I had wanted to hear, and even the songs I don’t really like were great live. You could tell he was having fun: he looked like he could play all night and never tire (they played for 2 hours as it was). I would recommend that everyone see him live if they get the chance. You don’t know what you’re missing.

No comments: