21 May 2007

Computers can be stupid too

Shout out to Annie V., for sending me this awesome piece of computer f**k-uppery in an email forward. The email came with a series of directions, and I thought I'd save ya'll the work and share the reward.

When asking Google Maps for directions from Nova Scotia to London, England, you get the following map:
Along with the directions:

They start out okay, taking the MacDonald bridge is better than taking the 102 all the way out. However, after heading towards the Airport, the directions tell you to head West, away from the Airport (and London, for that matter). Then, they take you all the way into the States and down to Boston!

That, however, is not as absurd as Step 24 in the journey from Nova Scotia to London:

Is this for real? Or is this the Google Staff's way of having fun? Like all those artists at Disney who put dirty jokes in kid's movies?

2 comments:

Annie said...

I'm just wondering if google map have a disclaimer... a swim across the atlantic (or the beginning of one) could very well pay off my student loans. Up for a dip?

Ellie Fish said...

Dude, I am so there. I think our court case would hold more weight if someone were to drown on said swim. Do you have any enemies you want to invite on our trip to London?